Whether you’re coming from up the road, Central Jersey, or out-of-state, find a way to make the most of your visit to the place we call home. Rowan University is in Glassboro (Gloucester County) and is conveniently located just 30 minutes from Philadelphia, 45 minutes from Jersey beaches, and a train ride from New York City.
If you’ve ever wanted to learn what there is to see, do, eat and experience in Glassboro, this is our favorites’ guide for you.
Sit Down Meals on Rowan Boulevard
- La Scala’s: This higher end Italian American restaurant offers wood fired pizza and unique Italian cuisines. It’s a rolling kitchen so you get your food as it’s ready and bring your own bottle.
- Dusk to Dawn Cafe: Dine in and get a taste of fresh, all day breakfast and La Columbe coffee. On a nice summer day, sit outside and enjoy the Glassboro sunshine.
- Oishii: If you’re looking to support a local business owned by a recent Rowan graduate and grab some great ramen, this is your place. This Rowan alumnus’ biggest inspiration for the restaurant was to bring a different culture and cuisine to the Rowan and Gloucester County communities.
- Einstein Bagels: Looking to grab a quick bite while touring our campus? This shop in Engineering Hall serves fresh bagels, sandwiches and hot coffee.
- Kung Fu Tea: The best boba tea in our area, located on Rowan Boulevard. Customize your tea selecting every detail from sweetness to the number of bubbles, and take it on the go.
- Playa Bowls: If you’re seeking a quick, healthy meal, Playa Bowls is your spot. Located at the beginning of Rowan Boulevard, it offers fresh fruit bowls, smoothies and treats.
For the Family
- Glassboro Heritage Museum: Ever wonder how Glassboro acquired its name? The Heritage Glass Museum preserves and displays antique glasswork made in Glassboro and surrounding South Jersey towns over the past 200 years. The best part – it’s free admission!
- Town Square: Enjoy the day with your family at our Town Square. Located at the end of Rowan Boulevard is a community place with art, adirondack chairs, and a fountain display. Throughout the year, Glassboro hosts many seasonal events in this space, including the annual tree lighting and Summer Fest.
- Edelman Planetarium: Explore the skies through live stargazing or immersive 360-degree video in our Planetarium, located on campus in Science Hall. All shows are one hour long, with new shows featured every month.
For the Parents
- Axe and Arrow: Located on Rowan Boulevard, this microbrewery and taproom offers a wide variety of craft beer styles. Bring your own food!
- Chickie’s & Pete’s: A Philadelphia staple is located right on our campus. Come in to watch the game or get a sweet taste of some Crabfries®.
Around the Corner
- Uptown Pitman is just a short drive away and is a hot spot for locals and visitors alike. Enjoy quaint shops, historic landmarks and family-owned restaurants.
- Courtyard by Marriott Hotel Glassboro: Located on Rowan Boulevard, the four-story, 129-room hotel features a heated indoor pool and spa, outdoor courtyard and fire pit, and is just a short walk to our campus.
Like what you see?
Facebook Comments Box